Everything Star Wars here. Why not soap too? Here’s a gentle, unscented recipe for kids of all ages.
- 5% castor oil
- 15% coconut oil
- 80% olive oil
- lye (NaOH)
- run it through my fave soap calculator to get the amount you want
At trace, divide up your batch:
- leave some plain
- add activated charcoal for Darth Vadar’s helmet
- add indigo for R2D2 (I still have to find the best way to do this without using synthetic materials)
- add just a little of activated charcoal for Han Solo in carbonite
Pour into Star Wars molds. You can also add the figures to a fresh batch of bar soaps (photo above and below).
- cover with a towel and allow to gel for 24 hours
- remove towel after 24 hours
- unmold and cut
- cure for 4 – 6 weeks
Now, who’s got tickets to the new Star Wars film coming out this December?