I wanted to create Gothic English Rose Soaps, but didn’t think the older ladies in my family would understand it.
So I have some all white bars and some with a layer of activated charcoal.
They look beautiful.
I snuck in some all black Gothic-looking mini rose soaps too.
- 20% coconut oil
- 80% olive oil
- lye (NaOH)
- run it through my fave soap calculator to get the amount you want
At trace, add 1 1/2 T English Rose fragrance oil/pound. Add activated charcoal to some, if you wish.
My family presented me with a mold recently and I couldn’t wait to use it:
- pour batch into your mold
- top with rose petals
- cover with a towel and allow to gel for 24 hours
- remove towel after 24 hours
- freeze for a couple of hours (very important as the soap may still be soft and may be ruined during this next process)
- cure for 4 – 6 weeks