I’ve been waiting for my son to show some serious interest in the kitchen. This past week, he volunteered to make Vegan Mashed Potatoes, not once, but twice. I’m pretty sure he would do it another time too. This Mama is so excited to have a willing helper.
Vegan Mashed Potatoes are so easy and so forgiving. My son loves every step of the process and wants to do it all himself. Your kids might want to do the same. Here’s what he did:
1. Scrub the potatoes clean.
2. Quarter them. (We keep the peel for extra nutrients.)
3. Drop them in a pot full of water.
4. Boil, then turn down the heat to simmer until the potatoes are tender. (15 minutes?)
6. Put the potatoes back into the pot.
7. Mash, while adding sea salt, olive oil, and your choice of milk.
8. Serve. My son loves it with Baked Beans.