Besides 100%Pure, Acure was the most recommended Vegan cosmetics brand by my community of Mamas. I should have started out my vain quest for Vegan products that really work with Acure face creams The Acure face products I recently purchased were amazing: Day Cream, Night Cream, Facial Serum and Line Eraser. I shouldn’t be surprised because I love their Lemongrass Argan Oil Shampoo (they gave me a bottle sample) and their Acure Oil (I bought this). During the last 2 weeks of using Acure face products, my face didn’t miss Clarins at all. In fact, my skin felt absolutely moisturized and I didn’t get an extra amount of wrinkles as I did when experimenting with other Vegan non-synthetic brands.
The Proof is in the Pudding, here are the photos:
Did it pass my cosmetics criteria? Absolutely!
1. smell – wonderfully mild in fragrance. They didn’t bother me at all.
2. sensitivities – my skin did not break out with any of the products. To me, they felt very mild. My skin also did not feel dry and unprotected.
3. taste – after I used the product, there wasn’t a bad taste when I would drink water or eat immediately afterwards (something my mainstream products do!).
4. moisturize – with a lot of Vegan moisturizers, I usually missed the creaminess of my mainstream brand. I also tend to miss how Clarins seemed to penetrate my skin. I didn’t have to miss this feeling with the Acure products at all. FYI, I loved the Serum over the Line Eraser, as the former seemed to do a better job reducing the wrinkles.
5. everyday comfort – the creams are mild, light, non-greasy, not shiny, absorbed easily. The serum is absorbed quickly too, although it is an oil and is a little greasy. I applied only a little serum at night and for a wee bit of grease, the reduction of wrinkles come morning was all worth it. Makeup was applied on easily after using the day cream.
6. lasting effect – yes! I love these products!!! I haven’t tried anything my face loves better than Acure face products so far. Note: the day and night creams contain Cholorella Growth Factor. According to their website: “Clinical studies have shown CGF to increase collagen expression by 333% when used at 1% concentration*. Our anti-aging products use our CGF at an amazing 5% concentration.” Hmmm… so that’s what my face needs!
7. eco-friendly – Acure says their decisions are based on green packaging, green products, social consciousness and a triple bottom line: “We use only the purest, most effective fair trade, natural and organic ingredients available. We travel the globe to find the highest quality ingredients to formulate our products. Each ingredient is selected with great care to ensure a sustainable and eco-friendly supply chain.” “We believe in pursuing a triple bottom line. People and planet are just as important as profit.”