In my search for earth and body friendly Vegan cosmetic products, one of my readers (who also happens to be very passionate about cosmetics and works as a consultant for Alex+Von) suggested I try Suki products. Although I received a few samples from Veronica c/o Alex+Von,
I figured that a week’s worth of products is usually long enough for me to figure out if my skin likes the products and I had the flexibility to use the free samples to compare with the products I bought.
Suki products are light, mild, moisturizing, not overly fragranced and left my face feeling ‘clean’. Maybe it was psychological that I didn’t miss my Clarins products at all because I read on their website that “suki® blends advanced, high performance clinically-proven actives with 100% synthetic-free & organic ingredients, innovating the first treatment formulas that bridge the gap between science & nature. our products have an exceptional level of bioavailability that outperforms synthetics without harsh side effects & functions in unison with the body’s natural biological processes.” They also state that “suki® is the first skin care solution with visible results proven through consumer clinical trials.”
I did use up my “To Go” Kit and most of the samples in just over a week. When I sat down to write down the products that I loved and the products that I felt were just OK, it didn’t really surprise me to discover that I preferred the Vegan products over the Vegetarian ones instinctively.
The Products I Loved
– Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser (vegan)
- an award winning product
- I loved how massaging the product in between my hands immediately created an amazing amount of foam, which I then applied on my face.
- this felt lovely on the skin
- I preferred this to the creamy foaming cleanser (below).
– Creamy Foaming Cleanser (vegan)
- I preferred this over the Moisture-Rich Cleansing Lotion – perhaps because I prefer a foaming cleanser to a lotion. The lotion is a Vegetarian product and I didn’t feel it did as a good a job in cleansing my face, particularly on days when I had makeup.
- it left my face feeling soft and cleansed well without stripping it dry.
– Transformative Cleansing Clay (vegan)
- light and thin
- you can use it as a cleanser or as a masque. I used it as a masque and left it on my face for 10-15 minutes. It dried nicely – not overly tight, just right.
- it left my skin feeling soft.
- for me these were the STAR products of Suki
- light, thin oils that are easily absorbed
- they do not leave a thick film of grease on the skin
- these oils don’t get into the eyes at all (like other oils do)
- the face feels like it can really breathe at night
- my skin felt wonderfully moisturized with these oils and made my skin feel very soft in the morning!
- I love them and after my samples were done, I wish I had more!
- P.S. I used more than just 1 – 2 drops at a time…
Now For The Photos
To me, there seems to be just a little more wrinkles on Suki than when I am on Clarins. But as their website says “suki® innovation lab™ utilizes the latest clinically-proven actives from natural resources instead of conventional synthetics that cause topical damage & long term disease.” They also remind me that knowing my beauty “means accepting, nurturing & expressing our authentic selves… also means having honest & complete information… we can trust… knowing what we consume, both inside & out.”
Did it pass my cosmetics criteria?
1. smell – wonderfully mild in fragrance. It didn’t bother me at all.
2. sensitivities – my skin did not break out with any of the products. To me, they felt very mild. They products are also gluten-free. Many are Vegan. Their website states that “suki® is committed to creating clinically-proven cosmeceutical solutions that remain 100% synthetic-free & formulated with advanced technology.”
3. taste – after I used the product, there wasn’t a bad taste when I would drink water or eat immediately afterwards (something my mainstream products do!).
4. moisturize – I loved the breathable evening oils the most. The Intensive Nourishing Cream was ok. It wasn’t bad at all, but I prefer creamier products.
5. everyday comfort – mild, light, non-greasy, not shiny, absorbed easily. Makeup was applied on easily after using the cream.
6. lasting effect – I love their breathable night oils! If I don’t find anything better than the products I loved (outlined above), Suki will be my facial products of choice.
7. eco-friendly – The company, based in Massachusetts, states that it is eco-friendly from it’s ingredients, manufacturing, packaging and shipping, as well as it’s activities outside of the company. Check out their environmental policy here.