One of my readers, Veronica from Alex+Von (a green company that focuses on natural, organic and ecofriendly boutique brands), sent me a sample tube of 100%Pure’s most talked about and publicized Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream. According to 100%Pure, a Clinical Four Week Study showed:
– 97% saw reduction of puffiness
– 87% saw reduction of dark circles
– 93% say it reduced the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
– 100% say it improved skin hydration & moisturization
– 93% say it improved skin firmness/elasticity
My First Impressions
It was late, I was extremely tired and ready for bed when I decided to try some. When I opened the tube and squeezed some onto my finger, the smell took me back to the first time I ever drank coffee, which was when I was 7 years old. I don’t exactly remember how it happened, but I was enticed by the smell of a thermos full of coffee. There wasn’t anyone around and I proceeded to pour myself 7 cups of the yummy smelling drink, mixing in some milk and lots of sugar… and drinking every last drop. I was WIRED! Now, as an adult, I haven’t drank coffee in 10 years. But as soon as I applied some of the Caffeine Cream around my eyes, I was as wired as that time when I was 7. In an instant, my tired eyes were suddenly wide awake, bright eyed and ready to party. My eyes have never felt that kind of jolt of energy before. It was then that I first physically realized how true that:
“As much as 60% of topical skin-care products are absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream.
They should be consumed with the same prudence that we use to choose our breakfast cereal.”
Did it pass my cosmetics criteria?
1. smell – coffee!!!
2. sensitivities – It will wake up your eyes, so use it in the morning! The company states that their product “does not contain harsh detergents, chemical preservatives, artificial fragrances that can irritate the skin, they are perfect for sensitive skin.” Plus, 100% Pure is GLUTEN-FREE. As with all natural products, do take note if you do have any allergies to their ingredients.
3. taste – I imagine it tastes like coffee!
4. moisturize – yes. It is not drying.
5. everyday comfort – This is a light cream, non-greasy and easily absorbable.
6. lasting effect – I felt the caffeine effect immediately the first time I applied it. I didn’t feel quite the same way subsequently, but I imagine it is because I now use it in the morning.
7. eco-friendly – According to the company: “100% products are truly 100% Pure-no synthetic chemicals, chemical preservatives, artificial fragrances, artificial colors, harsh detergents or any other unhealthy toxins… our formulas are never tested on animals (everything we use is food grade and does not require testing)… 100% Pure products are never diluted with water, alcohol, thickeners, emulsifiers or any other “fillers”.
If you want to buy their products… Just wait! One of you is eligible to win a $25 gift card from Alex+ Von after I review 100% Pure Red Wine Resveratrol Face Serum and Cream and Suki products.
If you are thinking about signing up as a consultant at Alex+Von, Veronica has a special surprise for you too! You can contact her directly: colormegreen2 (at) yahoo (dot) com.