In my search for Vegan and Eco-Friendly cosmetics that actually work, many people have recommended 100%Pure. One of my readers, Veronica Medrano Alcantara, also contacted me. Incidentally, she is also a consultant at Alex+ Von, a GREEN company that focuses on natural, organic and ecofriendly boutique brands. They are also dedicated to extremely personalised service in helping their clients find the right solutions for their beauty needs. Veronica gave me her personal questionnaire to fill out in order to help me better choose the right products for my current skin. For my face, she suggested I try Argan Oil, 100%Pure’s Red Wine Resveratrol or Super Fruits. As you all know, I tried Argan Oil for a few days and loved it. Veronica then sent some 100%Pure and Suki samples.
I was thrilled for the opportunity to try 100%Pure products after having so many people raving about their products. 100%Pure uses 100% natural and 100% vegan ingredients, many of which are organic. 100%Pure products are also gluten-free.
In my packet from Alex+Von, I received 4 sample packets of 100%Pure’s Nourishing Body Cream: Cabernet Grape, Coconut, Green Apple and Vanilla. The top main ingredients are indeed natural and vegan: organic aloe juice, organic rose hydrofoil, cocoa butter, avocado butter, grape seed oil, organic rose hip seed oil, candilla wax, black currant oil, tocopherol (Vitamin E) and ascorbryl Palmitate (Vitamin C). Not quite as Spartan as Sprout’s cream, but all natural and vegan as well! All of the 100%Pure body creams I tried were lusciously sweet smelling and creamy, but not greasy. They spread easily and were absorbed quickly into the skin. I consider these creams wonderfully light enough for day use. If you choose to use these – get ready for olfactory heaven! The Cabernet Grape and Green Apple smell exactly like their fresh fruit, so much so that the nourishing body creams made me feel like I was bathing in their juices all day. My son loved these fruit creams. The Coconut and Vanilla, on the other hand, were my favorites. Both smelled like coffee with strong highlights of coconut or vanilla. With these body creams, I felt luxuriously edible, like I was bathing in coconut or vanilla cream pie all day long.
This busy Mama found herself stealing 5 more minutes of my day just to moisturize… that’s how enjoyable these creams are!
Did 100%Pure Nourishing Body Creams pass my cosmetics criteria?
1. smell – like dessert comfort food: very sweet and very strong. All natural and NOT synthetically made, but I wouldn’t use this lotion if I were going to a doctor’s office that had signs that said “Please respect allergies and don’t wear perfume in this office”.
2. sensitivities – The company states that their product “does not contain harsh detergents, chemical preservatives, artificial fragrances that can irritate the skin, they are perfect for sensitive skin.” Plus, 100% Pure is GLUTEN-FREE. As with all natural products though, do take note if you do have nut or seed allergies.
3. taste – didn’t taste it! But they smell good enough to eat!
4. moisturize – a light cream that absorbs well.
5. everyday comfort – not greasy, absorbs well, spreads easily… smells divine… definitely, I could use this everyday!
6. lasting effect – yes, it works!
7. eco-friendly – According to the company: “100% products are truly 100% Pure-no synthetic chemicals, chemical preservatives, artificial fragrances, artificial colors, harsh detergents or any other unhealthy toxins… our formulas are never tested on animals (everything we use is food grade and does not require testing)… 100% Pure products are never diluted with water, alcohol, thickeners, emulsifiers or any other “fillers”.
Interested in trying some? WAIT till the end of the month, Alex+Von has some Freebies for a few of you!!!
If you want to buy their products… Just wait! One of you is eligible to win a $25 gift card from Alex+ Von after I review 100% Pure Red Wine Resveratrol Face Serum and Cream, 100%Pure Organic Coffee Bean Eye Cream and Suki products.
If you are thinking about signing up as a consultant at Alex+Von, Veronica has a special surprise for you too! You can contact her directly: colormegreen2 (at) yahoo (dot) com.
So, watch out in the coming weeks for more information! You can also comment here and I will make sure you know when the follow-up reviews are posted.