In my search for Vegan Cosmetics that really work, I stumbled upon Sprout Skincare Products. Nobody had recommended them to me, but after I took a look at their website, I immediately contacted them and asked if I could review their products. Well, Sprout Skincare Products are the exact line I want to have in the guest room in my house for my guests to enjoy. Beautiful in its simplicity from ingredients to packaging, everything in the mini-kit I received contains only 3 edible Vegan ingredients each. In fact, most of their other products also simply contain 3 Vegan ingredients. I could recreate any of them easily in my own kitchen:
– body scrub: organic demerara sugar, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic coconut
– cream: fair trade Shea butter, organic extra virgin coconut oil, organic extra olive oil
– exfoliant: Maine sea salt, organic almond flour, organic oats
And yet, when I use them, they feel luxurious. The body scrub really helped the dry skin I received from 10 hours on a plane. The facial exfoliant did its job too. But, for me, the star of the mini-kit is the cream. I wish I had a huge tub of it. Soft, light and creamy, its consistency is like store bought body lotion without the toxins. It is absorbed easily into the skin and is very hydrating. I honestly prefer the feel of Sprout’s cream to the Raw Chocolate Body Cream I have been making!
Sprout Skincare Exceeded My Cosmetics Criteria
1. smell – subtle and natural, no extra fragrances
2. sensitivities – none
3. taste – you can safely eat them! No problem ingesting or absorbing toxins!
4. moisturize – the cream is wonderfully hydrating without being greasy
5. everyday comfort – it does not leave the skin greasy or sticky and it is absorbed easily and immediately.
6. lasting effect – I could use the cream everyday!
7. eco-friendly – according to Sprout material, their ingredients are “sourced from organic, Fair Trade, or small farms.”. What’s more, all Sprout products are handmade in New York.
For people in the East Coast especially, Sprout Skincare Products make the perfect gifts for family and friends. For those who don’t want to spend time creating their own skincare products and have some extra money to spend, these products are one of the simplest and mildest on the skin!