Big bucks are being spent on marketing unhealthy foods directly to children. What are parents to do? Learn how and what is being done, find ways to counter the commercials that make kids want to eat unhealthy foods and in the process market fruits and veggies to kids. We may not have more money than big food corporations, but we have the advantage of time with, love for and commitment to the health of our children.
The premise behind this is that everyone in the family will feel encouraged and supported within a like-minded community.
– The Raw Mom Blog is a fantastic resource for all raw vegan mothers.
– find local raw food groups in your community: raw restaurants, raw chefs, other raw food families
– shop at a health food shop that supports RAW foods: we love our local shop because of the people who run it. Not only are they helpful but they are walking encyclopedias for everything health related.
If there isn’t any existing local support, you can always create one!
– tell family and friends about raw foods if they are interested
– make great tasting raw foods for non-raw parties… this always works for me
One of my favourite cousins, Cris, has become a recent fan of raw food. She told me today that she made a green smoothie for her 3 year old daughter who asked for MORE after finishing it. She also made raw banana ice cream for her daughter and another niece the other day and the kids loved it so much that more of our cousins have become raw banana ice cream fans. I guess we can now have a family green smoothie and raw ice cream party!