DIY Raw Anti-Aging Face Mask and Moisturizer

6 Sep

DIY Face Mask

This Face Mask is so delicious… I was eating it before, during and after applying it on my face! I adapted PeggyKotsopoulos’ Anti-Aging Homemade Natural Skin Face Mask recipe into a Raw Vegan one.

Simple Face Mask Ingredients

Raw Vegan Face Mask

Puree all together:

• 1 banana (potassium revitalizes the skin)
  • 1 avocado (for vitamins A and E to soften the skin)
  • 1/2 orange, juiced (vitamin C)
  • 1 big spoonful raw almond butter (more vitamin E and protects skin from pollutants)
  • 1 big spoonful raw honey (for blemishes and zits, and anti-aging properties) (if you don’t use honey, try olive oil or a few drops of sea buckthorn oil instead)

Step 1: Apply generously to your face. Leave it on for 10 – 20 minutes. It will begin feeling firm and tight.

Step 2: Wipe off. My face felt kind of ‘matte’. Then rinse.

Step 3: Apply just enough DIY Anti-Aging Moisturizer and feel your face loving it. Notice my cheeks are a little rosy and glowing.

Anti-Aging Moisturizer

In a small tub, mix together:

Peggy’s book Must Have Been Something I Ate also contains other very easy and simple homemade beauty products, suck as natural skin exfoliators, toners, lip balm, lip gloss, body moisturizer, cellulite treatment, acne zapper, age-spot remover, teeth whitener and breath freshener.

Step 4: Allow your face to soak it all in.

I was surprised that extra-virgin olive oil is not at all greasy. The skin soaks it all in and my skin feels wonderful!

About these ads

19 Responses to “DIY Raw Anti-Aging Face Mask and Moisturizer”

1. Dane Swanson September 25, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

Thank you for that recipe for a mask. Skin ages so we need to help hydrate and keep our skin supple. Also we shoud be taking our vitamins for nutrition. What good would having good skin do if we are not healthy inside?

2. Pam October 3, 2012 at 5:44 pm #

Store it in the fridge? how long will it stay “good”?

• Mama October 5, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

Not very long in the fridge. I put mine in the fridge and used it or ate it before it browned. ;)

3. Alexandra Strain (@alexstrain) October 27, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

It looks great except for the honey. Honey isn’t vegan so you should change the name for accuracy.

• CC November 7, 2012 at 8:53 pm #

Hi Alexandra, thank you for taking time to comment. I’m one of big group of Raw Vegans who do consume raw honey. ;) My son doesn’t do well with a lot of sugars out there. Honey is the best option for us. I understand where you’re coming from though and will definitely take that into consideration in the future. Best, Carissa

4. Kalpana Rajagopalan November 8, 2012 at 12:19 am #

Great face mask tips Mama!
    A face mask should be added to your skin care routine. A great face mask will help add hydrate dry skin or remove excess oil from your skin. There are many options of face masks you can purchase, or you can make your own from items in your pantry.

5. Jen November 30, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

I was searching for a vegan lotion but your blog came up because you have it labeled wrong. Honey is not vegan. You are part of a group that eats raw plant based foods but you are not vegan. This should just be labeled raw.

• CC November 30, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

Thanks Jen. A big group of raw vegans do consume raw honey… We like to call ourselves Beegans. I get your point though. Thanks for writing. I added Vegan options for you.

6. Cheryl April 13, 2013 at 5:15 pm #

Thanks for sharing this, Carissa. I absolutely love it and my only problem is that my dog want to lick my face what I’m wearing it. :)

I do have a question, though. I’m wondering the frequency with which you use it? Every week, once a month?? Not that I think you can overuse natural and healthy things to put on your face but I was just curious.

Also, I’ve used regular almond butter because raw is too expensive for me to use it every time and haven’t noticed a difference. Just in case there’s anyone out there wondering.

• MITK April 14, 2013 at 8:31 pm #

Thanks Cheryl! I would say once a week was more than enough. ;) Good to know about the almond butter too. Thanks for the tip! ;)

7. Anti-aging Therapy Phoenix July 29, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

This is an awesome idea. I am also surprised that the olive oil doesn’t leave a greasy residue. I love seeing these DYI techniques and sharing them with my clients.

8. Kimberly September 9, 2013 at 11:23 am #

I was googling face masks for vegans with dry skin and came to this page. I have to say that honey is not vegan as those before me have stated- “beeganism” is not even a term that is used within our community and I would prefer this mask be labeled as is- Not vegan. Because, this is not vegan. Veganism does not have loop holes, you cannot sometimes exploit animals for face masks or sometimes exploit them for lipsticks. Veganism is not a diet it is a lifestyle which includes abstaining from all animal/ insect secretions and body parts. Please do your research on what veganism stands for versus a plant based diet- This “honey is vegan” only confuses the general public about who we are and what we do. We dont need anymore confusion when trying to advocate against animal exploitation.

• MITK September 9, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your time. I have placed that you could use honey or another substitute. And will take off “Vegan” from the title.

9. cel September 17, 2013 at 3:21 am #

Love the glow in your face. Might try the mask sometime. Where do you buy the seabuckthorn oil? :)

10. perri February 25, 2014 at 3:02 pm #

I am 60 now and no one believes I am that old. (Love the compliments I received in March on my 60th birthday.) I have been using Made from Earth’s moisturizers (Vitamin C & Vitamin Enhanced) for a number of years now and I just love it. My skin looks great. The product goes a long way. I am so glad that you are talking about this cream.

• TIK March 2, 2014 at 9:21 pm #

Would love to see a photo of you!!! :)