Pineapple Ginger Lemonade

8 May

If you loved the Strawberry Ginger Lemonade I posted a few days ago and you love pineapples, then this will be a hit at your house too! Puree in a high speed blender till smooth:

1 – 1 1/2 tspns grated ginger (we prefer more ginger for this compared to the strawberry version)

zest from 2 lemons

juice from 2 lemons

1/2 cup raw local honey or your choice of sweetener (we found that this drink usually requires a little more sugar than the 1/3 cup in the strawberry version)

2 cups fresh pineapple

3 cup water (or a mix of ice and water)

Slice some pineapples to garnish. Yummy! By the way, if you have some leftovers, these are great for popsicles too!

About these ads

7 Responses to “Pineapple Ginger Lemonade”

1. marge May 10, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

Very informative and inspiring blog you have! thank you so much for all the information

• Mama In The Kitchen May 11, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

Thanks Marge! Let me know if you have any question I can answer! ;)

• marge May 17, 2012 at 2:41 am #

Glad to received reply from you, very much apprecieted. Just want to ask in the “more greens please recipe”, what can i replace to dates because they are so hard to find here in the philippines.

Let me know when you visit phil.il share you some of my raw honey from palawan.Hope to meet you soon…

• Mama In The Kitchen May 17, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

Hi Marge! You can replace dates with coconut sugar or raw honey (1/2 the amount of the dates) or omit them all together. I use to put dates in when my boys were transitioning, now I don’t add it anymore… because they are accustomed to drinking the green smoothies plain without a sweetener. Also, I find if I add orange juice instead of water, it is sweeter. I would love to try your raw honey – is it your own farm?

2. A May 17, 2012 at 4:56 am #

This was very nice, even though I had to sieve it – my hand blender is on its last legs and it is surely time to acquire a proper high-speed one. Will be making it again!

• Mama In The Kitchen May 17, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Wonderful!!! So glad you liked it… and it even worked with a hand blender. Pineapple fibres are tough! Sometimes if you freeze the pineapple, it blends even smoother.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Strawberry Ginger Lemonade « - May 8, 2012

[...] ate at a Vegan restaurant called Lamb’s Bread the other day and my boys went crazy over their Pineapple Ginger Lemonade. “Can you make it at home?!? You don’t have to juice it, you can make a fresh raw [...]