Are you looking for RAW facial products? I have tried Alkaitis day and night creams before. Although I loved them, they left my face feeling greasy and sticky all the time. The fragrance was also pretty overpowering. Applying make-up, which I seldom do, was a little difficult on a sticky face too.
After asking around for Vegan product recommendations for my face, nobody recommended Bee Yummy. Maybe because their products are not fully Vegan. Although they are RAW FOOD products, honey, bee pollen, proplis and Royal Jelly are their primary ingredients. Many Raw Vegans like me, who consume raw honey, would use them. I stumbled upon them through my own research and I wondered how well they would work on my face. live live organic accommodated my curiosity and sent me 2 sets of samples: 1 for me and 1 for one of my lucky readers!
Bee Yummy Eye & Lip Cream is simply Olive Oil, Beeswax and Balsam Fir Needles. It is a solid, but you can melt a little at a time when you apply it on your skin. I had come back from a trip to Colorado, where it was dry and cold. My lips were a little chapped – and after only a day of application, this made my lips feel soft and smooth. I tried to use it on my eyes, but found it a little difficult (I am used to dabbing eye cream, not applying some with so much pressure that it stretches my skin) and time consuming to melt and apply around my eye area.
Bee Yummy Face Lift is simply Wildflower Honey & Honey Cappings, Kombucha Mushroom, Royal Jelly and Pure Water. I used it twice in the past 2 weeks as a mask for 30 minutes (though they suggest using it throughout the night too) and I loved the feeling! On my search for more products that work, I recently tried one mask that was so tight it felt like my skin was going to crack. Bee Yummy Face Lift was not like this at all. It made my skin feel moisturized and firm without being too tight at all. In fact, it will be the mask I use from now on! Although I still want to try some DIY Superfood Facemasks… when I have some extra ingredients and time on my hands that is!
Bee Yummy Skinfood is simply Wildflower Honey & Honey Cappings, Bee Pollen, St. John’s Wort Flowers, Propolis, Royal Jelly, Balsam Fir Needles and Pure Water. I haven’t had a chance to try this product myself at all because I gave my sample to my son. He ate something he was allergic to 2 weeks ago and broke out with eczema on his face. I usually use coconut oil or shea butter to help reduce it and more high-raw Vegan foods in his diet to help cleanse his system. This time, I wanted to try Skinfood instead of the coconut or shea butters. Well… after seeing how fast my son’s eczema disappeared after using Bee Yummy Skinfood, I went ahead and bought my son a 2oz bottle to keep in his drawer. I wish I had some photos but I frankly didn’t think his skin would be better so quickly and I lost the opportunity. Another good thing about Skinfood is that a small amount goes a long way too.
Any of you want a sample? Please simply comment here and the winner will be announced on Earth Day!
Did it pass my cosmetics criteria? Absolutely!
1. smell – who doesn’t love the smell of honey?
2. sensitivities – my son is allergic to so many sweeteners. The only sweetener that his body is truly fine with is honey. Needless to say, we don’t have honey allergies at our house. We love raw honey.
3. taste – you can EAT all of Bee Yummy products.
4. moisturize – I love the Face Lift! It is now my preferred face mask.
5. everyday comfort and 6. lasting effect – According to their website: “As a cosmetic cream Bee Yummy™ nourishes your skin with at least 27 minerals, 22 amino acids, 105 live enzymes & co-enzymes, hormones, antioxidants, bioflavonoids, and pigments. Another amazing, if not the main feature of Bee Yummy™ is it’s healing effect. It is excellent to help heal wide range of skin conditions: burns, sunburns, open wounds & cuts, pimples, blemishes, bed sores, stretch marks, chapping etc. We have reports from our clients that it has been very helpful for psoriasis, eczema, rosatia, poison ivy, and other conditions.”
7. eco-friendly – Vegans won’t like that honey is their primary ingredient, of course. According to their website, their ”ingredients have been hand harvested in a small wilderness area with it’s own micro climate. Honey, Pollen, Propolis & Royal Jelly are made by the same colony of bees from a small apiary, which accounts for energetic harmony and synergy of our cream. Honey is collected from the wildflowers, is unfiltered (just dripped from the comb), and contains the cappings of the hive with their precious, mysterious substances. Pollen, depending on season, is from a mixture of Wild Dandelion, Wild Roses, Raspberries, Asparagus, Goldenrod, Wild Apples, and Cherry Tree blossoms. Propolis is of the highest quality: only from Poplar and Fir trees. The flowers of St. Johnswort are picked by hand at noon, when the juices are drawn up from the roots, stems, and leaves into the flowers. Only select, young tips of Balsam Fir are used as a vitamin C source. No preservatives are needed because Honey, Propolis, and Balsam Fir are the nature’s best preservatives and antibiotics. Honey is the only food on earth that will keep forever, and so will our cream.”
Want to try them? Just leave a comment below and the winner of the sample set will be announced on Earth Day!